Data protection policy
How we treat your data
As an applicant, you will, voluntarily and informed, consent to our treatment of the data you have submitted. This consent also means that you permit us to contact you, if we do not have sufficient information to fully process your application – or in connection with our reply to your application.
Your application, together with such personal data as you choose to provide, will be read by our employees and board and, for applicants to Academic Guest House, our selection committee.
We collect and process your personal data for various purposes.
As an applicant, we use your data for:
- to register your application in our administration system
- to assess whether the application meets the conditions for receiving the grant or scholarship applied for.
budget and accounts
As a grant recipient, we use your data for:
- publication and mention of the efforts for which you have been granted funding
deposit of grant or scholarship according to letter of consent.
Naturally, we make sure that any processing of your personal data will, at all times, be confidential; and, likewise, we will use safe servers throughout the process.
Personal data are processed internally; and in this connection we do not surrender data to any third parties without your prior consent.
* Latest update January 2021
The personal data you provide to us or we collect from third parties, including public authorities such as the tax administration, we process in the following way:
GENERAL PERSONAL DATA *
- We use your personal data after your consent to assess whether your application meets the conditions for receiving the grant or scholarship applied for, see the Data Protection Regulation art. 9, para. 2. Read more here
- If you have been awarded a grant, the Beehive Foundation will process and possibly also publish your name in connection with the mention of your efforts, which we publish on our website. This does not apply to your social security number, address, email and telephone number.
- If you receive the grant or scholarship you have applied for, we will keep your data at least until the end of the effort or stay, as well as for up to five years plus the current financial year thereafter, unless the applicable law states otherwise.
- If you do not receive a grant, we will store your personal data for a maximum of two years from the day you submit your application. If you request a deletion of data before then, we will of course do so.
- We process personal data in compliance with legal obligations to which the Bikuben Foundation is subject to, cf. Art. 6. 1, litra c. This could, for instance, be a submission to the tax administration. Read more here
* General personal data covers:
- Essential data such as name, address, email and phone number.
- Description of the effort you are applying for, budget of the effort, bank details and job title.
- All personal information provided in an application will be processed to the same extent.
If you wish for the Bikuben Foundation to process and evaluate your application, it is mandatory that you give your consent for us to store your general personal data for the processing of your application. We cannot process your application if you do not give consent.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA**
We do not need your social security number or other sensitive data about you in order to process your application. This applies, for instance, to information about your origin or your health that does not have a direct impact on your application or your stay in the Academic Guest House. We will therefore ask you not to send such information to us when submitting your application. This means, among other things, that if you send transcripts, diplomas, financial information or similar documents to us, you must remember to delete your social security number from the documents by, for instance, crossing it out so we cannot read it.
- If sensitive personal data is included in your application, we will delete it immediately after receiving your application.
We process personal data from your application or requirements for payment of a grant on the basis of the consent you gave when you sent your application, cf. Art. 9, para. 2, litra. a. Read more here
** Sensitive personal data covers:
Information on marital status, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, political beliefs, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union affiliation, genetic data, biometric data for unique identification, health conditions and photos / portraits.
Your data can be shared, including passed on and left among the employees of the Bikuben Foundation. In addition, we may pass on and/or transfer your personal data to public authorities such as the tax administration, pension companies, banks, insurance companies, auditors and other collaborators who require documentation of money laundering. We can also share your information with external professional advisers as well as professionals to assess your application and effort.
We process your personal data internally and do not transfer data to third parties, in addition to those mentioned above, without obtaining your consent prior to the transfer.
The data you send us through an application is stored confidentially and securely. We only use data processors located within the EU (European Union) and the European Economic Area ("EEA") that offer the same security as we do in the EU.
Once you have given us your consent, we will process your personal data throughout the application process, which will typically extend over a few months. We would like to point out that you can withdraw your consent at any time.
We store and store your application as well as profile information - and thus also your personal data - in our system, even if you do not receive the scholarship or grant applied for.
By default, we store your personal data for a maximum of two years from the time you submit your application, unless you specifically request a deletion of data before then.
If you receive the grant or scholarship you have applied for, we will keep your information, at least until the effort or stay ends, as well as for up to five years plus the current financial year thereafter, unless the applicable law states otherwise.
When we give out a grant, we can publish and mention the efforts on our website and social media. In this context, general personal data such as name and job title may be included, in addition to the amount of the grant and other descriptions of the project. The purpose of storage and publication is partly to mention which areas we as a Foundation support, cf. our obligations in relation to transparency, and partly to mention your effort, cf. art. 6 para. 2, litra. f. and art. 6 para. 1, liter. b. Read more here
Accordingto articles 15-18 and 20-21 of the Data Protection Regulation, you have rights in relation to how we process your personal data. You have the right to:
- gain insight into your data
- correction of your data
- have your personal data deleted
- object to the processing of your personal data
- receive your person data (data portability)
You can contact head of finance Julie Fredskov Pedersen here regarding changes to your personal data, or if you wish to have them deleted. Here, you can also gain insight as to which data we have registered about you.
You have the right at any time to gain insight into the personal data about you that we process. You can also request corrections or blocking of information that is not correct. If you would like insight, ask for correction or blocking, please contact Head of Finance Julie Fredskov Pedersen here
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and have your information deleted before two years have elapsed. If you withdraw your consent, please be aware that we will delete your profile from our systems and that you will no longer be able to participate in the application process as our processing of applications requires your consent. If you want to withdraw your consent, you can contact Head of Finance Julie Fredskov Pedersen here
If you withdraw your consent, it does not affect the legality of our processing of your personal data, as you submitted your consent when submitting your application. If you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from this time.
We follow the applicable data protection guidelines, so there might occur a need to update our personal data policy.
If you have any questions regarding the above, or want to make use of your rights, you are very welcome to contact us.
1300 København K